We are glad so many of you were able to join us this past Friday for our latest virtual “Breakfast Talk” at CityTech. We’d especially like to thank our wonderful panelists: Wanett Clyde, Denise Sutton, Tessa Maffucci and Ricky Davy!
Learn more about the speakers and follow their ongoing work!
- Wanett Clyde, Assistant Professor / Collections Management and Archives, CityTech
- Denise Sutton, Associate Professor / Director, Entrepreneurship & Innovation, CityTech
- Rick Davy, Director, BK Style Foundation and Fashion Week Brooklyn
- Tessa Maffucci, Assistant Chair, Pratt Fashion Department and Adjunct Assistant Professor, Pratt Institute
Learn more about the places and projects mentioned:
- FabScrap: “endeavors to end commercial textile “waste” and maximize the value of unused fabric” — also with opportunities to volunteer!
- Slow Factory: “advancing climate justice and social equity through regenerative design, open education, and materials innovation”
- Made in NY Campus at Bush Terminal in progress
- Brooklyn Navy Yard – recent virtual event
- Brooklyn Army Terminal – virtual tour
- Industry City
- Made in NYC at the Pratt Center — they have lots of great resources!
- Professor Tarry Hum’s book: Making a Global Immigrant Neighborhood: Brooklyn’s Sunset Park