For almost twenty years, the Brooklyn waterfront has been experiencing a renaissance propelled mainly by residential development. However, there have also been some manufacturing rebounds, or at least stabilization. The history of manufacturing losses in Brooklyn stretches back to the …
Thanks to all who came to the Spaces & Places: Art Along the Brooklyn Waterfront Conference. The Keynote Speaker Commissioner Tom Finkelpearl began the conference by discussing his New York City Department of Cultural Affairs Initiatives on diversity in the …
The BWRC is proud to announce the confirmed speakers for the Spaces & Places: Art Along the Brooklyn Waterfront Conference Friday, March 27 at Brooklyn’s Borough Hall.
- Hon. Eric Adams, Brooklyn Borough President
- Richard Hanley – Director, Brooklyn Waterfront
Spaces and Places: Art along the Brooklyn Waterfront
A Conference to Be Offered March 27, 2015 at Brooklyn’s Borough Hall
by BWRC and the Brooklyn Historical Society
Artists and their work have played and continue to play a pivotal role …
The speakers and panelists from the 2014 Conference: Has the Brooklyn Waterfront Gone Global–Again?
- Prithi Kanakamedala, curator of the Brooklyn Historical Society’s current In Pursuit of Freedom exhibit – Before Container Ships: When the Brooklyn Waterfront Was Global—Slavery,
The BWRC and UTRC are pleased to announce the date and topic of our Spring Conference:
Has the Brooklyn Waterfront Gone Global – Again?
Friday, March 21, 2014
8:30am to 12:30pm
Brooklyn Borough Hall’s Old Court Room
209 Joralemon Street, …
Thanks to everyone who came and made our Bikes on the Brooklyn Waterfront Conference a success!
Please check out the photos by CityTech Student Alina Melnikova. Here are some previews:
Our co-host UTRC has posted video of the full conference: …
Here’s a sneak peak at our March 22 conference line-up!
8:30—9:00 Welcome & Introductions
- Richard E. Hanley, director, Brooklyn Waterfront Research Center
- Camille Kamga, director, University Transportation Research Center
- Sean Scanlan, New York City College of Technology